Beginners Series Yoga in Florida
This is an introductory class designed for students who are NEW to YOGA. Learn the basic moves and the foundation to building a yoga practice. With clear, detailed instruction, and demonstration you will learn to breathe deeply, release tension in your neck and shoulders and connect to your core. Become stronger and more centered in your body and develop techniques for safely tailoring each pose to work best for you. By the end of the course you should have the tools built into your practice to help heal both physical and emotional injuries and to feel good. Move through your life with more ease and enthusiasm, connected to your core.
Six Week Session, Every Sunday 1-3pm
Yoga 101: A Beginner's Series is a six week class designed for brand new attendees.
- Week One - Sun Salutations
- Build a firm foundation through the basics of Sun Salutation. You'll explore and learn the key alignment and techniques for each asana in the series, and the essential elements to link postures together in a fluid, dynamic movement.
- Week Two - Basic Asana
- Learn the basic foundation and key principle alignment of the asana in the following categories: Standing, Seated and Twist, Forward Bends, Backbends, Arm Balances, Inversions. Once grounded with the principle, you'll be able to practice with safe alignment and correct techniques.
- Week Three - Core
- In this class, we will explore your abdominals. Learn about your stabilizing muscles and digestive system. We will also talk about nutrition. Build heat and work from the ground up!
- Week Four - Opening Your Heart
- In this class, you will have the opportunity to go deeper into the practice of backbends. Those who struggle with backbends will be given tools to target and work on the areas of restriction, and those who would like to go further into the practice will have the opportunity to explore new dimensions of backbending.
- Week Five - Pranayama and Mantra
- Here we will go over some basic breathing techniques called "pranayama" and work with utilizing a deeper breath. We will also learn about sound, and ways to meditate and relieve stress.
- Week Six - Integration
- Get a review and overall integration of the sun salutation and basic asana practice with an emphasis on the big picture of why we practice yoga. You'll also learn the importance of Savasana, and the foundation of pranayama and meditation.
DATES MARCH 20, 2022 - APRIL 24, 2022
- Space is limited to 12
- Class is once a week, each session is two hours
- Show up 10 minutes early to get on your mat
- Eat and drink lightly a couple of hours beforehand
- Bring (or rent) a towel for sweat, a yoga mat, and water
- Most importantly, SHOW UP!!
- Namaste and we look forward to practicing yoga with you!!
A SIMPLE GUIDE TO ENHANCE YOUR YOGA EXPERIENCE
Preparation Before Class:
- We will provide everything you will need for your practice: mats, props, towels and other amenities. Mats can be rented for $1 or purchased. Towels are also $1, small hand towel and $2 for large.
- Yoga is best enjoyed on an empty stomach, so eat lightly or not at all for 2-3 hours before.
- Make sure to keep hydrated by drinking water both before and after class.
- Tell us about any injuries. This will help us know how to adjust you or show you a modified pose if necessary.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class.
- All classes start on time.
- On your first visit you will be required to fill out a new student registration form. Please be sure to sign a waiver and indicate any physical injuries or special health conditions. This form is also available for download and you can complete it before you arrive to save time.
- Please do not leave the studio while class is in progress.
- Our practice space is sacred. Keep talking to a minimum and at a low volume. Be mindful.
- Please do not bring mobile phones, shoes or bags into the practice space. There are lockers provided and space for shoes provided.
Clothes and Hygiene:
- Yoga is done with bare feet. Please wipe your feet off with the spritzer and cloths provided.
- No strong perfumes or lotions, please!
- Wear appropriate clothing, we have yoga clothes for purchase. Make sure you are comfortable and covered.
IT IS ALRIGHT TO ASK FOR HELP
One of the most important things to me is that you feel comfortable. If you need help, feel free to ask. That is what I am here for. I want to help you and make sure your experience is as positive and rewarding as possible for you. So please, do not hesitate to ask me for help when you need it. I am available for questions 10-15 minutes prior to classes, but NOT after. Please ASK and you can always book a PRIVATE session. with me to deepen your understanding of the practice.
ASSISTING AND PHYSICAL TOUCH
There are lots of physical adjustments in yoga. If you do NOT want to be assisted, please let me know. Also, let us know about any injuries you may have PRIOR to practicing.
Most importantly, I invite YOU to come into this space to develop a strong body, a clear mind, a pure spirit and a devotion to the welfare of each other, Our Tribe.
Walk in Beauty.